Koobface, Infesting Facebook And Other Social Sites

There has been a report of another social site virus that has been released in World Wide Web. It is said that the virus is dangerous and whose main agenda is to infest the social networking cookies then making a DNS query to check IP addresses that correspond to remote domain. Once it is located, it will then go to log-in sessions using the user's log-in name and password stored in your cookies. It will then search for your other friend users then sends HTTP POST request to the server. (Trend Micro)


In short, Koobface will make auto messages and sends it to your friends. The message have the link from other sites containing this worm. Once it was clicked and downloaded, then it will infect your friend's computers and repeat the cycle all over again.


Please do note that one of the variants of this virus is in the form of fake YouTube Videos.


Source: Yahoo Tech News


Concerning this virus, I don't know if this virus is similar to the spam that we I used to receive in our Friendster account. In my experience, those video clips will be posted in my “comments”. The video picture usually has a lady wearing an underware garments acting to change her clothes. And once you click on the video, it will bring you not in YouTube site but in another site.


I received those comment messages almost all the time before. And when I tried to delete them, it will reappear again. To my surprise, some of them were posted automatically in my profile.


If these kinds of spam messages is related to Koobface, I don't know. But I think the actions is very similar to what has been reported.

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments. I can assure you that all your comments will be read and be responded accordingly. As for now, please feel free to browse this blog and subscribe to updates.

NO SPAMMERS PLEASE... SPAMMERS WILL BE PENALIZED.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Site Info

My Web Site Maker University Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template