HP Firefly Laptop Comment / Review


I guess your jaws just dropped while staring at this laptop. This voodoo HP laptop concept is a 17.1" with 1920 x 1200 resolution. It also has a secondary screen that is 4.3" with 800 x 480 resolution. Inside is a 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 Gig RAM, 250 Gig 7200 RPM hard drive, and two ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3870 GPUs set up in CrossFire mode (source: www.crunchgear.com). This machine is heavy for 13 lbs. I would say this is not just a laptop, but a complete replacement for your desktop.

Personal comment based on its look:

Notice the mouse pad? It is located on the right side of the board. I'm not so sure if it can give some advantages or none at all. For most users, every time they use the laptop mouse pad, they uses two hands. Unlike the mouse, it is harder to use the mouse pad especially when we are doing the "drag and drop" operations. In short, it will be harder then for me to use the mouse pad if it is on the right side. How much more if you are left handed?

Another comment is the screen. Most laptops now have a wider look screen. It is more like rectangular shape which I believe a much better look than having a square look. And this laptop, just went back to its old screen shape, square type monitors. I hate this shape.

Overall, I don't like its physical look but this laptop definitely has an outstanding specification. I would say that if you are looking for a better desktop, you gotta have this one. But if you are looking for a real portable laptop, find another one.

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments. I can assure you that all your comments will be read and be responded accordingly. As for now, please feel free to browse this blog and subscribe to updates.

NO SPAMMERS PLEASE... SPAMMERS WILL BE PENALIZED.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Site Info

My Web Site Maker University Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template