A Google Earth Feedback

I was fascinated with the features of Google Earth. I would say that Google always deliver a good source of information. And now even the geographical information of the world. I love Google, and I am definitely a fanatic of Google.


What's with Google Earth?


Not only that you can see any location in the world via satellite imagery, you can also see the historical imagery of certain places in the world. You can also explore the ocean floor and discover lots of things in it.



Some Issues That You May Face When You Use Ubuntu


To my dismay however, I have some issues concerning Google Earth. I am using Ubuntu Intrepid Linux on an Acer Aspire 4330 Laptop.


They say that this works in Ubuntu, but in my experience, it doesn't work that well. The graphics is too choppy and its like huge pixilize imagery. Sometimes it even crashes and cannot be played.


I don't know if I missed something from the system requirement of Linux below. If ever I did, I do hope someone will be able to explain me.


Minimum:

  • Kernel: 2.4 or later

  • glibc: 2.3.2 w/ NPTL or later

  • XFree86-4.0 or x.org R6.7 or later

  • CPU: Pentium 3, 500Mhz

  • System Memory (RAM): 256MB

  • Hard Disk: 400MB free space

  • Network Speed: 128 Kbits/sec

  • Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 16MB of VRAM - Screen: 1024x768, "16-bit High Color" screen

Recommended:

  • Kernel 2.6 or later

  • glibc 2.3.5 w/ NPTL or later

  • x.org R6.7 or later

  • System Memory (RAM): 512MB

  • Hard Disk: 2GB free space

  • Network Speed: 768 Kbits/sec

  • Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 32MB of VRAM

  • Screen: 1280x1024, 32 bit color

Tested on Ubuntu version 6.06, but certainly works on others.



Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments. I can assure you that all your comments will be read and be responded accordingly. As for now, please feel free to browse this blog and subscribe to updates.

NO SPAMMERS PLEASE... SPAMMERS WILL BE PENALIZED.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Site Info

My Web Site Maker University Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template